Using Windows Explorer for FTP
1. Open Windows Explorer window via the Window key + E or Start, Run, explorer.
2. Replace what is in the address bar with ftp.yourdomain.com (yourdomain.com is the name of the domain you are accessing)
3. Press enter and you will be prompted for loging information. Enter the FTP username and password listed in your Account Information email and press enter.
4. Once logged in you will be able to copy file to and from your hosting account by copying and pasting.
In some cases a window will pop up indicating the FTP session has timed out. In such a case you may restart the FTP session by right clicking anywhere on the white background in Windows Explorer and selecting "Login As".
We recommend using an FTP program when possible as they are more reliable and do not have timeout issues like Windows Explorer FTP. We recommend FileZilla which is free with no adware and is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux:
- 158 Users Found This Useful
CodeGuard cannot connect via FTP
If you recently switched hosting providers, you will need to re-add your website to CodeGuard ....
If you are having FTP timeouts there are several things you can try. First is to make sure you...
421 Too many connections (8) from this IP
If you receive the following error: 421 Too many connections (8) from this IP Your FTP program...
What is this pureftpd upload file?
Periodically you may see a random pureftpd.upload file on your account followed by a series of...
Changing concurrent connections in CuteFTP
To change the number of transfer connections in CuteFTP... In the Cute FTP menu, click...