cPanel MX records
IntroductionTo update your MX records with this Domain Name System (DNS) provider, first understand MX records and learn how to configure them for Google Apps in general.
cPanel is an administration tool that some domain providers make available for managing your web domain. The steps below explain how to create MX records for a domain managed using cPanel.
- Log in to the cPanel administrative console.
- From the Mail section of the page, select MX Entry.
- In the Email Routing box, select Remote Mail Exchanger and click Change.
- Include the MX record values shown in the MX record values table.
- Click Add New Record.
- To add MX records for the additional servers, repeat steps 4 to 6 for those servers. Give backup servers a lower priority than the primary email server.
Be aware it may take as long as 72 hours before DNS changes are propagated, depending on the time to live (TTL) that was configured for your records. Until records have been updated worldwide, you will still receive traffic to your old server.