When attempting to send email you receive the following message in your mail client software:
"503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA"
You must check your email before trying to send email. Our mail servers requires authentication.
A) Pop before smtp -- check your email for new mail before trying to send email. This will allow you to send email for the next 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you have to authenticate again.
B) Configure your email client software to authenticate automatically by checking the "my server requires authentication" box in your email configuration.
If using MS Outlook, please try the following:
1) Open outlook
2) Go to Tools/Email Accounts
3) Select the Account with the trouble and click Change
4) Click on More Settings
5) Click on Outgoing Server Tab
6) Click "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) requires authentication" and make sure "Use same settings as incoming mail server" is selected (see attached image)
7) Click on "Advanced Tab"
8) Set outgoing Port (SMTP) to 25 or 50 (50 is used for ISPs that block port 25 usage outside their own service).
9) Click Ok and then Test Account Settings
You mail software may also be acting unreliably. In such cases we recommend removing the mail account from your mail software, restart your PC/Mac and then add the mail account back fresh.
- 179 Users Found This Useful
Folders appear missing in Roundcube. In Roundcube, go to personal settings, folders page and...
The default forwarding method of Mozilla Thunderbird can result in servers blocking emails as...
With Microsoft Outlook, it's possible to leave a copy of each message on the mail server after...
Tap SettingsTap Accounts & PasswordsTap Add Account Tap Other (bottom)Tap Add Mail Account...
cPanel MX records Introduction To update your MX records with this Domain Name System (DNS)...