When attempting to send email you receive the following message in your mail client software:
"503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA"
You must check your email before trying to send email. Our mail servers requires authentication.
A) Pop before smtp -- check your email for new mail before trying to send email. This will allow you to send email for the next 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you have to authenticate again.
B) Configure your email client software to authenticate automatically by checking the "my server requires authentication" box in your email configuration.
If using MS Outlook, please try the following:
1) Open outlook
2) Go to Tools/Email Accounts
3) Select the Account with the trouble and click Change
4) Click on More Settings
5) Click on Outgoing Server Tab
6) Click "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) requires authentication" and make sure "Use same settings as incoming mail server" is selected (see attached image)
7) Click on "Advanced Tab"
8) Set outgoing Port (SMTP) to 25 or 50 (50 is used for ISPs that block port 25 usage outside their own service).
9) Click Ok and then Test Account Settings
You mail software may also be acting unreliably. In such cases we recommend removing the mail account from your mail software, restart your PC/Mac and then add the mail account back fresh.
- 182 Users Found This Useful
An email alias is a email@example.com that does not have a corresponding POP3 box set up. For...
We have updated webmail. Please be sure to update your bookmark to reflect...
When you attempt to receive an e-mail message in Outlook Express, the following error message may...
Provided below is how the addresses should appear for each of the three webmail programs....
Simply go into your control panel, click mail, modify mail exchanger and you can change your mx...