The error message "CodeGuard cannot connect via FTP" means that CodeGuard is unable to connect to your website's FTP server. This can be caused by a number of things, including:
- Incorrect FTP credentials.
- A firewall or antivirus software blocking the FTP connection.
- A problem with the FTP server itself.
- A problem with CodeGuard's configuration.
To troubleshoot this error, you can try the following:
- Check your FTP credentials to make sure they are correct.
- Disable your firewall or antivirus software temporarily to see if that is the cause of the problem.
- Contact your hosting provider to check if there is a problem with the FTP server.
- Contact CodeGuard support for help with troubleshooting their configuration.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when troubleshooting this error:
- The FTP credentials that you use to connect to CodeGuard are different from the FTP credentials that you use to connect to your website's FTP server.
- If you are using a firewall or antivirus software, make sure that it allows connections to FTP servers.
- If you are still unable to connect to CodeGuard after trying these steps, you can contact CodeGuard support for help.